Gimli Film Festival
The Gimli Film Festival is Manitoba’s premier film festival. Over the last 21 years, our audience, sponsors and partners have
supported and shaped the festival into what it is today.
Join us for critical, engaging, and entertaining cinema from the most promising Manitoban and Canadian filmmakers and an exceptional selection of feature films and documentaries from around the world!
• First-ever RBC Sunset Drive-In Theatre, offering nightly 10 pm screenings under the stars from July 21-25.
• Second annual GFF On Demand, an on-demand, Netflix-styled streaming platform that offers over 100 films!
• Local and Canadian premieres of award-winning films from around the world.
• Over $100,000 awarded in pitch competitions & film competitions!
• Live Q & As with the filmmakers who power our Festival.
• Workshops and panels for aspiring filmmakers, like the Take 5 Workshop Series with Film Training Manitoba and Manitoba Film and Music.
• Special Events, like the all-new VIP Virtual Opening Reception in a virtual Town of Gimli.
Learn more about GFF on our Festival Archive page here!
Join us and watch from your bed, shed, yard, or boulevard – July 12 – 25, 2021!
A special thanks to the 100 volunteers that help make the festival run so smoothly.
Our volunteers are an important and dedicated group of people.
Thank you to owners and staff of the indoor venues: The Gimli Theatre, The Gimli Unitarian Church, New Iceland Heritage Museum (The Lady of the Lake Theatre), Lakeview Resort and Conference Centre, Gimli Dance Pavilion, Gimli Lutheran Church and Waterfront Centre (Johnson Hall on 5th floor).