GFF is pleased to present the winner of the
7th Annual RBC ® $10,000 Emerging Filmmaker Competition:
Congratulations also to all of the amazing finalists who are truly all winners:
Josh Benoit & Kayla Jeanson – Melaleuca
Sage Daniels – Broken Glass
Frances Koncan – Trick or Treaty
Ryan Steel – Louis ‘David’ Riel
Do you want to make a short film??
Are you an emerging filmmaker? Do you have an idea for a short film you are desperate to make? Are you over the age of 18 and a resident of Manitoba? Are you prepared to complete a brilliant 3 – 5 minute short film in one year’s time for a World Premiere screening at the 19th edition of the Gimli Film Festival in 2019? If yes, we want you!
The 2019 RBC Pitch Competition will open for submissions in early February 2019!
The RBC® Emerging Filmmaker Competition is open to anyone who has:
- Less than three of years experience in filmmaking.
- Some completed basic training – can be formal (university or college studies) or informal (production courses, workshops, hands-on experience in media arts production), etc.
- At least one completed independent film or video work that has been presented in a professional or film industry related context.
Once you qualify – the Gimli Film Festival will give you an opportunity to pitch your project idea to a panel of professional producers in front of a live audience during this year’s Gimli Film Festival.
We would like you to be able to describe your story idea, indicate some knowledge of the budgeting process, describe your ideal cast and crew and talk about your overall vision for the project.
Our Grand Prize winner will receive:
- $10,000* to make your film courtesy of RBC;
- $5,000 William F. White International Inc. Equipment Rental Grant Certificate
- A story editing mentorship with National Screen Institute Canada;
- Premiere screening of your film at the 2018 Gimli Film Festival.
* Over the next year, the $10,000 will be released in four installments: $2,500 on approval of a final script; $2,500 on first day of principal photography; $2,500 on completion of photography; $2,500 on delivery of finished project.
The RBC Emerging Artists Project helps artists bridge the gap from emerging to established, and supports organisations that provide the best opportunity to advance their career trajectory. RBC supports arts organisations and artists in a range of genres including visual art, music, theatre, performance, literature and film.
The Gimli Film Festival is the largest film festival in Manitoba. Over the past seventeen years, our audience, sponsors and partners have supported and shaped the festival into what it is today. We showcase fiction feature films, documentaries and short films from Manitoba, Canada and the world.
On Screen Manitoba leads the development of a dynamic media production industry that is recognized for its world-class creative and technical talent. An industry that generates over 1500 jobs annually and attracts over $58M annually to the Province of Manitoba.