The Gimli Film Festival is pleased to present
the 8thAnnual RBC® $10,000 Emerging
Filmmaker Pitch Competition for 2019
Are you an emerging filmmaker?Are you in relentless pursuit to bring your short film to life and share it with the world? Are you over the age of 18 and a resident of Manitoba? Are you prepared to complete your 3-5 minute short film in one year’s time for a premiere screening at the 20th edition of the Gimli Film Festival in 2020? If yes, we want you!
The RBC® Emerging Filmmaker Competition is open to anyone who has:
- Less than three years experience in filmmaking.
- Some completed basic training – can be formal (university or college studies) or informal (production courses, workshops, hands-on experience in media arts production) etc.
- At least one completed independent film or video work that has been presented in a professional or film industry related context.
If you qualify, GFF will give you an opportunity to pitch your project to a panel of professionals in front of a live audience during this year’s Festival. We would like you to be able to describe your story idea, justify your budget, describe your ideal cast and crew and talk about your overall vision for the project.
If you win – you will receive:
- $10,000* to make your film courtesy of RBC;
- $5,000 William F. White’s Equipment Rental Grant Certificate;
- A mentorship with Brendon Sawatzky from the National Screen Institute-Canada.
- Premiere screening of your film at the 2020 Gimli Film Festival
*Over the next year, the $10,000 will be released in four installments:
- $2,500 on approval of a final script
- $2,500 on first day of principal photography
- $2,500 on completion of photography
- $2,500 on delivery of finished project
Review the rules & regulations and fill out the application forms below and send by mail or email.
RBC Emerging Filmmaker Pitch Competition 2019
Gimli Film Festival, P.O. Box 1225, Gimli, Manitoba, R0C 1B0
Subject: RBC Emerging Filmmaker Pitch Competition 2019
Entry Deadline June 7, 2019
Congratulations to the 7th Annual RBC ® $10,000 Emerging Filmmaker Pitch Competition winner!
Erika Ulrich will premiere her film Palm House (Eternal Youth) at the 2019 Gimli Film Festival on Saturday, July 27 at the Gimli Theatre!
The RBC Emerging Artists Project helps artists bridge the gap from emerging to established, and supports organisations that provide the best opportunity to advance their career trajectory. RBC supports arts organisations and artists in a range of genres including visual art, music, theatre, performance, literature and film.
Gimli Film Festival is the largest film festival in Manitoba. Over the past eighteen years, our audience, sponsors and partners have supported and shaped the festival into what it is today. We showcase fiction feature films, documentaries and short films from Manitoba, Canada and the world.
On Screen Manitoba leads the development of a dynamic media production industry that is recognized for its world-class creative and technical talent. An industry that generates over 1500 jobs annually and attracts over $58M annually to the Province of Manitoba.
National Screen Institute- Canada is the only national training organization for writers, directors and producers in film, television and digital media in Western Canada.