Gimli Film Festival
Purpose of the Position
The Logistics Manager (LM) reports to the Festival Director and is responsible for a wide variety of responsibilities relating to the event planning and logistical execution of all Gimli Film Festival events.
This full-time position would run from April to the end of August 2020. The main duties of this position are logistical, which includes executing the overall logistics event plan for the festival. This includes creating a master plan for logistics for all events at the Gimli Film Festival and coordinating staff, volunteers, resources and transportation of goods and services to and from the festival for all festival events. The LM is responsible to help prep, train and manage our Communications Coordinator and Volunteer Coordinator, with support from the Festival Director.
This position will also include various other tasks. Leading up to the Festival, this position would be responsible for working with the design team in creating our 2020 GFF merchandise, coordinating Gimli Film Festival’s printed program advertising sales and coordinating smaller (often local) sponsorships with support from the Festival Director.
The LM must be available to work in Gimli from June 1 to Aug 5, 2020.
Event Planning Duties
- LM is responsible to oversee and execute all logistical duties at GFF. As a Manager, they must create a master plan for event logistics, manage the Volunteer Coordinator, Communications Coordinator, Venue Coordinator, Beach Logistics Coordinator, and any other volunteers as necessary.
- Develop a detailed schedule of logistical activities for all major activities including but not limited to:
- Operation of Indoor Venues: Lady of Lake Theatre, Aspire Theatre, Lutheran Church, Gimli Theatre (in coordination with the Senior Film Programmer and Festival Director)
- RBC Sunset Screenings (5 nights) and RBC Beach Boardwalk (Fri & Sat 7-10pm before screening)
- Box Office Setup (late-June)
- VIP / Opening & Awards Gala Receptions (lead by Hospitality Coordinator)
- The logistics schedule should consider:
- Vehicles to deliver items & timing of deliveries and return of items
- Security of items
- Safety of volunteers & participants – with special attention being paid to COVID-19 protocol and precautions.
- Clear communication of schedules to all involved
- Ensure a comprehensive outdoor signage plan is developed and executed in the town of Gimli including safe return and storage of signage.
- Organize, receive, distribute, collect and return all GFF equipment used during the festival, including the documentation of inventory before and after.
- Liaise with GFF’s graphic design team and lead the production of GFF’s 2020 merchandise.
- Assist in website management (postings, updates, maintenance)
- Coordinate all advertisement sales for printed GFF program guide
- Coordinate low-level sponsorship agreements with support from the Festival Director
- Support Festival Director with additional sponsorships and activities as required
- Must be available to travel to Gimli as required.
- Excellent understanding of the local and global filmmaking community and industry
- At least two years experience in not-for-profits, festivals management or event planning.
- Ability to live in or near Gimli from June 1 – Aug 7 is required
- Must demonstrate ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment and meet deadlines
- Must demonstrate the ability to take initiative, show good judgment, and manage projects from beginning to end
- Must demonstrate ability to manage other staff and volunteers
- Excellent writing, editing and proof-reading skills
- Technical A/V, graphic design or video editing skills a considerable benefit
- Must be self-motivated and work effectively both independently and as part of a team
- Start date: April 1, 2020
- End date: August 28, 2020
- Position is full-time, from April 1st – August 7th, 2020.
- LM must be available to work in Gimli from June 1st to August 7th, 2020 and will be required to travel to Gimli from time-to-time during the rest of the year.
- LM reports to the Festival Director and will work closely with many other GFF staff, including the Communications Coordinator, Volunteer Coordinator, Box Office Coordinator, Sponsorship Coordinator and GFF Board of Directors.
- Pay range from $17 – $20 per hour (depending on experience)
To apply please send a cover letter and a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “LM Application”.
DEADLINE: 5pm, March 27th, 2020
Thanks for applying!