**Operations Manager Position with the Gimli Film Festival**
APPLICATIONS DUE: Friday, November 26th @ 9 am
The Operations Manager (OM) is a dynamic administrative and logistical position intended to assist the Executive Director (ED) to oversee daily activities of the organization and the facilitation of its annual film festival. You will be skilled in human resources, IT management, and finance. The OM will work to increase the organization’s operational efficiency, and will build and maintain an environment of trust, open communication, inclusion and collaboration among team members. The OM reports directly to the Executive Director and in the absence of the ED, to the Board of Directors.
The OM duties include:
- Advancing the festival’s objectives to educate, enlighten and entertain, in a positive, ethical and trustworthy manner.
- Developing and fostering strong relationships with Board members, colleagues, sponsors, donors, partners, volunteers, filmgoers, industry contacts, stakeholders, and the local community.
- Representing the organization when speaking to media, stakeholders, and the public.
- Working with the ED to:
- develop and manage internal & external communications
- prepare documents, materials, reports, and proposals
- coordinate, schedule, and attend meetings
- develop and prepare festival plans and strategies, then oversee those plans in:
- festival logistics & venue coordination
- transportation & accommodations
- tech coordination
- staffing and volunteers
- outreach and special programs
- assist in recruiting, hiring, and managing of seasonal staff and volunteers
- organize and manage the organization’s assets, including:
- equipment & supplies
- physical spaces (offices, storage facilities)
- administrative duties as required, including:
- organization and filing
- overseeing accounts payable and accounts receivable transactions
- tracking finances and carrying out basic business banking
- In the absence of the ED, assumes responsibility for all the Director’s duties and responsibilities, under the guidance of the Board.
- Possesses a degree or diploma in one of the following: Business Administration, Management, Arts & Cultural Administration, Arts & Cultural Management, Non-Profit Management, Event Management, Project Management, Recreation Studies, Communications & Marketing, Film Studies, OR has accumulated sufficient work experience and expertise in these areas.
- Excellent written and verbal communication in English.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong understanding of finances and budgeting.
- Ability to build and maintain and foster relationships with stakeholders, colleagues, and volunteers.
- Ability to delegate responsibilities and be a team leader.
- Solid customer service and public relations and diplomatic skills.
- Proficiency of Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.), website maintenance, social media platforms, and other office utilities.
- General proficiency of computers and basic Audio/Video technology.
- Possesses a valid Manitoba driver’s licence with access to a vehicle.
- Ability to work in Gimli from mid-May to end of July annually.
- Proficiency in the French language.
- Experience with bookkeeping software (Quickbooks, Xero).
- Knowledge of film or graphics editing software.
- Knowledge and experience in arts and/or cultural festivals.
- Knowledge and experience in the Manitoba Film Industry.
Hours and Compensation
- The OM is a full-time position based on a split schedule: 3 days/week during the months of November – April and 5 days/week during the months of May – October, and the incumbent must work in Gimli from mid-May to the end of July annually.
- The OM salary is commensurate with experience, ranging from $35,000-$38,500 per year.
ABOUT THE FESTIVAL:
The Gimli Film Festival is Manitoba’s premiere film festival, presenting engaging and entertaining cinema from the most promising Manitoban and Canadian filmmakers and an exceptional selection of feature films and documentaries from around the world!
Gimli Film Festival is committed to inclusion and equal opportunity. We encourage applications from qualified candidates of diverse backgrounds, age, sexual orientation, gender identification and expression, and physical abilities. Feel free to reach out if you require more information!
To apply please send a cover letter and a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Operations Manager”.
APPLICATIONS DUE: Friday, November 26th at 9 AM
For more information about the festival and the town, visit:
Thanks for applying!