**GREEN TEAM SUMMER JOB OPPORTUNITIES**
Eligible Candidates must be between the ages of 16 – 29.
APPLICATIONS DUE: Monday, May 31 @ 9 am
The Gimli Film Festival is hiring a Green Team Summer Position, as funded by the Province of Manitoba. The position is open to Manitoba youth aged 16 – 29, for a term of six (6) weeks (June 21, 2021 – July 30, 2021), at 35 hours/week with an hourly wage of $14.55/hour.
*Priority will be given to those with the ability to live locally during the contract (In and around Gimli).
This position reports to the Box Office Coordinator and the Volunteer Coordinator and will work with them to carry out a variety of initiatives, including:
- Manage GFF’s Outdoor Box Office Tent/Info Hub:
- act as a point of information and service to Festival guests for the current COVID protocol in the town, and as it pertains to the festival
- assist in the management of the outdoor Box Office Tent
- assist in coordinating and communicating with volunteers who work at this tent on its operations
- offering information about local businesses re-opening plans and local events including GFF
- offering free PPE and sanitizer for town visitors
- selling GFF merch and passes
- offering any other general information requested to visitors of Gimli
- Community Beautification:
- working with GFF volunteers, the Green Team Employee would lead beautification initiatives and clean-up of GFF’s outdoor sites, before, during, and after the festival.
- GFF Drive-In Theatre:
- assist with set-up, tear-down and operation of GFF’s pop-up drive in movie theatre. (Duties could include coordinating volunteers, checking people in, supporting COVID protocols, and other duties as required.)
- Facilitating GFF’s “Town Ambassador Program”:
- visit local businesses to both inform them of GFF’s 2021 activities, and canvas them for information about their plans for re-opening
- disseminate this information through GFF’s Outdoor Box Office Tent/Info Hub, as a way of promoting both local businesses’ reopening as well as GFF’s events.
- Assist in other related areas, as needed and when possible.
- Applicant must have a valid Social Insurance Number (SIN).
- Applicant must between the ages of 16 – 29.
- Ability to live in or near Gimli (June 21 – July 30 at least) is required.
- Must be available to work flexible hours including evenings or weekends.
- Must demonstrate the ability to take initiative, show good judgment, and carry out projects from beginning to end.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written).
- A valid driver’s license would be a benefit.
- Must be self-motivated and work effectively both independently and as part of a team.
ABOUT THE FESTIVAL:
The Gimli Film Festival is Manitoba’s premiere film festival, presenting engaging and entertaining cinema from the most promising Manitoban and Canadian filmmakers and an exceptional selection of feature films and documentaries from around the world! Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the festival will be held mostly virtually in 2021. However, plans are underway to host a socially distant and safe Drive-In event for festivalgoers in the RM of Gimli.
To apply please send a cover letter and a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Green Team Application”.
APPLICATIONS DUE: Monday, May 31st at 9 AM
For more information about the festival and the town, visit:
Thanks for applying!