GFF is committed to not only showcasing the best in film, but also to providing opportunities for emerging and mid-career filmmakers to grow their skills and advance their artistic careers!
This Festival season, GFF is pleased to partner with Manitoba Film & Music and Film Training Manitoba to offer 5 workshops aimed at helping emerging and mid-career filmmakers sharpen their skills + get to the next level!
If you are interested in participating in these exclusive Industry Training Seminars, you can access them in one of TWO WAYS:
2021 TAKE 5 FILM & TELEVISION SERIES:
July 15, 1-2:30 pm: Take 1: Working with Funders
Participants will learn strategies on how to successfully engage with funders for your projects.
Topics covered will include:
- Getting your project on their radar & preparing strategic creative pitch documents
- The dos and don’ts of submissions
- The future of financing
July 16, 1-2:30 pm: Take 2: Getting Your Project Seen
For any content creator, making the content is just half the battle. In this session, you’ll learn strategies on marketing your film according to your goals, with or without distributors, and include examples of productions that have gone on to succeed.
Topics covered will include:
- Festivals – which ones to target and how to find the right fit
- Prepping your project for the Canadian and global marketplace
- How to create awareness to advance traffic to drive digital distribution
July 20, 1-2:30 pm: Take 3: The Business of Screenwriting
Any Manitoba content creator hoping to advance their career will benefit from attending this session. The panelists will provide a 360-degree view that includes writers, producers, broadcasters and distributors to show the trajectory of script to screen as it pertains to optioning, development, greenlighting, production and delivery.
- The relationship between writers and producers in development and when to break up and to move on
- The role of the writer in pitching the project
- Your script going into production is the sweet sorrow of handing off control
- How to capitalize on the success of projects that you have had produced
July 21, 1-2:30 pm: Take 4: How to Maximize Your Production Values
Hear from production designers, sound editors, music supervisors and post-production advisors on how to make your project look and sound great.
Topics covered include:
- Creating a space
- A visual medium requires sound
- Post-production strategies
- Upcoming trends
July 23, 1-2:30 pm: Take 5: The Masterclass
The Take 5 series would not be complete without a once-in-a-lifetime special masterclass with a veteran of the film and television industry. This moderated discussion will include a Q & A to give all participants the opportunity to get your questions answered by a special guest that has achieved industry success at the highest level.