The Board of the Gimli Film Festival is conducting a search for a Festival Manager, who will work closely with the Festival Director to oversee operations and ensure that the policies of the Board are implemented.
The responsibilities of the Festival Manager are listed below. Interested parties are invited to send their resume by Sept 1, 2017 to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line: Festival Manager job posting. Interviews with short listed candidates will be conducted on Sept 7.
The Festival Manager is a developmental position intended to assist the Festival Director, with the ultimate goal of learning and assuming the role Festival Director. The Festival Manager reports to the Festival Director and Board.
The Festival Manager duties include:
- Familiarizing him or herself in the background, culture, and organization of the GFF, eventually becoming an expert and go-to person for all stakeholders
- Developing relationships with key internal influencers, sponsors, donors, partners, volunteers, filmgoers, industry actors, stakeholders
- Learning and understanding how capital and operating decisions are made, and providing input to the Board towards the financial success of the organization
- Working alongside the Board and Festival Director and is actively involved in the organization’s decisions
- Assisting with the management of GFF’s operations, including scheduling, preparing materials for, organizing and attending all board meetings, the Annual General Meeting, committee meetings, and special GFF events
- Assisting in recruiting, hiring and disciplining staff and volunteers (serious discipline must be vetted through the Festival Director and the Human Resources Committee)
- Preparing and managing a number of budget and financial resources, including drafting grant and funding proposals.
- Initiating and managing fundraising activities
- Managing, scheduling and organizing GFF events, including workshops, volunteer training, film selection and presentation, sponsor events
- Managing and developing internal communications, external communications, media and public relations and community relationships
- Representing the GFF at municipal, provincial, national and international events where GFF requires a presence
- Assisting and supporting the Festival Director in day to day operations and all duties, as determined by the Festival Director
- In the absence of the Festival Director, assumes responsibility for all the Director’s duties and responsibilities, under the guidance of the Board
- Possesses a degree or diploma in business/administrative management, event management, recreation, communications/marketing, or film studies
- Demonstrated excellent organizational, writing and verbal communications in English French skills are an asset
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task and follow through tasks to completion
- Demonstrated strong organizational skills
- Demonstrated attention to detail
- Ability to obtain and retain stakeholders through careful and respectful interactions
- Solid customer service orientation and skills
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft, Excel, and social media platforms
- Possess a valid Manitoba driver’s licence