A Great Manitoba Destination
The town of Gimli, Manitoba is a premier tourist destination. Visitors to Gimli enjoy the beaches, the shops, restaurants and a laid back “always on holiday” ambience. The area is rich in cultural diversity, but is known for its Icelandic cultural influence. Our festival successfully attracts a dedicated and enthusiastic audience from Manitoba and all over the world. For information on the town of Gimli, go to their website at here!
Directions from Winnipeg, Manitoba
To the Town of Gimli:
- Take McPhillips Street North past the Perimeter Hwy.
- McPhillips becomes Highway 8
- Take Highway 8 75kms North
- Turn Right at Gimli Park Road
To The Beach Screenings:
- Take Gimli Park Road to Hwy #9, turn left, continue 4 blocks north and turn right on Centre St.
- Turn left on 1st Ave. and then right on Barney Thomas Ave. towards the beach.
1 – Gimli Beach Screen: On the beach at the end of Barney Thomas Drive
2 – Gimli Film Festival Box Office: 77B First Avenue, Gimli
3 – Lady of the Lake Theatre, Waterfront Centre: 94 First Avenue, Gimli
4 – Gimli Unitarian Church – Aspire Theatre: 76 Second Avenue, Gimli
5 – The Gimli Theatre: 74 Second Avenue, Gimli
6 – Lakeview Resort & Conference Centre: 10 Centre Street, Gimli
7 – Gimli Dance Pavilion: Amisk and Fourth Avenue, Gimli
8 – Dr. George Johnson Middle School: 53 Third Avenue at Keenora Drive
9 – Gimli Lutheran Church: 50 Third Avenue, Gimli