Are you passionate about film and the impact of GFF in the community of Gimli? Are you a successful change manager with strong leadership skills, strategic agility and financial acumen? Do you motivate, collaborate and encourage innovation? Do you strive for excellence? If so, perhaps this exceptional opportunity is for you!
Chair Janis Johnson and the Board of the Gimli Film Festival are conducting a search for a new Executive Director, who will oversee operations and ensure that the policies of the Board are implemented.
The responsibilities of the Executive Director are listed below. Interested parties are invited to send their resume by September 30, 2016 to email@example.com.
The Gimli Film Festival is widely recognized as the most successful film festival in Manitoba. Over the last sixteen years, our audience, sponsors and partners have supported and shaped the Festival into what it is today.
The Festival showcases the best new films from Canada’s and Manitoba’s most promising directors and an exceptional selection of features, documentaries and shorts from around the world. The Festival also includes:
- Four indoor venues and the popular free on-the-beach screenings
- Industry workshops and seminars
- Over $10,000 awarded in pitch competitions & film competitions
- Manitoban Short Film Awards
- Networking events
Reporting to the Board of Directors, the Executive Director’s responsibilities include:
- strategic planning and implementation of policies set by the Board of Directors to ensure the growth and profiling of GFF in Manitoba, Canada and internationally;
- managing GFF’s operations, including scheduling, organizing and attending all board meetings, executive committee meetings, the annual general meeting of the membership and any special events hosted by GFF;
- managing GFF’s offices and the day-to-day affairs of the organization, including supervision of staff, hiring of staff and disciplining staff;
- preparing and managing the budget and financial resources of GFF, including drafting grant and funding proposals and initiating and managing fundraising activities;
- managing, scheduling and organizing all film festival events, including volunteers, workshops, sponsors and films;
- managing all internal communication, developing and managing media and other external communications, including public relations and community relationships;
- representing GFF at provincial, national and international events where GFF requires a presence and requests the Executive Director’s attendance.